Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Why am I doing this?


For the past several years I have kept a journal. Personal reflection and documentation has been tremendously helpful in my growth as an information procurer, wisdom seeker, and student of clear thinking. I hope to receive a similar benefit from this blog. Gen(Y)us will serve as an archive for my attempt to be on a continuous path to better position myself towards success, as well as become just a little bit wiser every day. The following is a quote by Daniel Kahneman, from the book Thinking, Fast and Slow:

Intelligence is not only the ability to reason; it is also the ability to find relevant material in memory and to deploy attention when needed.

This is my attempt to better channel my attention and energy onto items that are deserving of it; I am very excited to being this quest. I firmly believe that the underutilization of attention and intelligent thought is nothing but a waste; this is an effort to address that belief.

-Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment